Billing & Financial Services
Centegra Health System is committed to helping you through the billing process for all of its services and facilities. We understand that you want a streamlined, simplified billing procedure, especially when you or a loved one isn’t feeling well.
Our caring Associates take time to explain your bill and also talk to you about financial assistance if needed. We bill your insurance providers directly so you have less paperwork to handle.
When you come to a Centegra Health System facility for treatment:
- Bring insurance cards and authorization forms
- Have a driver’s license or other valid identification
- Pay co-payments required by your insurance provider
- Notify us of any changes to your information since your last visit
Payment & Billing Procedures
At Centegra Health System, we understand that your medical bill and insurance details can be confusing. It is our goal to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Healthcare Statement & Insurance Coverage
Healthcare bills are based on the type of care you received. We will file a claim with your insurance carrier. If you are unaware if you have any insurance coverage, or you do not disclose any insurance coverage at the time of registration, we may consult with various plans to determine whether you may, in fact, be covered by an insurance plan.
The amount you owe is dependent on the type of coverage you may have and may include insurance deductibles, non-covered services or items, co-payments and co-insurance which is often referred to as out-of-pocket expenses. These out-of-pocket expenses are due at the time of service (excluding emergent care). For certain types of insurance coverage there may be a balance due after your insurance company has processed your claim. If you have a remaining balance after your insurance has processed your claim, we will mail a statement to you that shows the remaining amount due.
Updates to Our Billing Process
We have made updates to our billing process, called provider-based billing, that may affect your co-payments, co-insurance and annual deductible. The way provider-based billing affects you depends on your insurance. The updates do no affect patients with Medicare and Medicaid coverage. View our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about provider-based billing.
It is your obligation to pay for health care services received and to cooperate with Centegra in making such payment. Out-of-pocket expenses and any known previously accrued balance will be due at the time of service in non-emergent situations. Account balances are to be paid upon notification. It is your responsibility to follow up with your health insurance plan or employer if your insurance company does not pay within 60 days after the claim has been made. Outstanding accounts may be subject to full collection activity after an adequate opportunity to settle the balance has transpired without payment.
Financial Assistance – Help with your Bill
If you are unable to pay in full, Centegra’s Financial Assistance Program offers several payment options to assist you including, but not limited to, partial or full discount based on financial need, uninsured discounts and monthly payment plans, prompt pay discounts, Illinois Public Aid, Medication Assistance and Special Financial Consideration.
To qualify you must complete an application and provide necessary financial documents in order to qualify for these programs. Based on the information provided, a Centegra representative will discuss options available to you. Please complete the application below and contact a telephone number listed below or the telephone number, email address or website identified on your bill.
- Centegra Hospital-McHenry – 866-860-8724
- Centegra Hospital-Woodstock – 866-860-8724
- Centegra Specialty Hospital-Woodstock – 866-860-8724
- Centegra Physician Care – 866-642-9518
- Financial Assistance Instructions (English)
- Financial Application (English)
- Financial Assistance Instructions (Spanish)
- Financial Application (Spanish)
Bills From Independent Physicians
Some of the providers in which you will receive services from may be independent providers. This means that they are not billed for by Centegra. As a result, you may receive separate bills from these providers. These providers may not be participating in the same insurance plans and networks as Centegra. Accordingly, you may have greater financial responsibility for these providers. Some of these independent providers may be:
- Anesthesia Associates of Crystal Valley: 815-385-0084
- Lake-McHenry Pathology: 800-942-3507
- McHenry Radiology: 815-759-0800
- Moraine Emergency Physicians (EMCARE): 800-355-2470
- Town Square Anesthesia: 800-942-3507
- Midwest Radiation Oncology: 800-996-3647
Pay Your Bill Online
Select from the bill types below the one you would like to pay:
- Pay my Centegra Physician Care bill: pay online or call 866-642-9518
- Pay my Centegra Occupational Health bill: pay online or call 815-206-1077
- Pay my Centegra Clinical Laboratories bill: pay online or call 815-206-2838
- Pay my Centegra Home Health bill: pay online or call 815-344-6602
- Pay my Centegra Home Medical Equipment bill: pay online or call 815-334-5032