Return to Index
Pan-seared Citrus Chicken With Bulgur
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||45.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9.5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Bulgur wheat||½ cup|
|Chicken bouillon cube||½|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Scallion, thinly sliced||1|
|Raisins, or other dried fruit||2 tablespoons|
|Walnuts, or other nuts, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken breast filets||2 (6-ounce)|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
- Cook ½ cup bulgur according to package directions, but add ½ of a chicken bouillon cube for flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and bulgur and set aside.
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound using a mallet or your hands until chicken is about ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes; flip, cover with a lid, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze the orange over the chicken and serve over the bulgur.
Exchanges 5 very lean meats; 2 starches; 2.5 fats; ½ fruit
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad Toss a bag of mixed greens with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.