Return to Index
Symptoms of Infertility in Women
Symptoms of infertility in women include:
- One year of attempting pregnancy without success.
- Irregular menstrual cycles—This symptom may or may not be associated with infertility. Some women with this condition will conceive without difficulty.
- Pain with sexual intercourse—This symptom may or may not be associated with infertility. Some women with this condition will conceive without difficulty. Painful intercourse has a long list of etiologies; most have nothing to do with infertility.
- Inability to conceive after unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Recurrent miscarriage.
Diabetes and women. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists website. Available at: http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq142.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20121022T1341041226 . Accessed October 22, 2012.
Fritz MC, Speroff L. Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinolgy and Infertility . Section IV: Infertility. 8th ed. New York, NY: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2011.
Infertility. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated August 23, 2012. Accessed October 22, 2012.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm, MD
- Review Date: 12/2014
- Update Date: 12/20/2014