Return to Index
Symptoms of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
|Plaque Blocking an Artery|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Numbness of the legs or feet at rest
- Cold legs or feet
- Muscle pain in the thighs, calves, or feet
- Loss of hair on the lower extremities
- Paleness or blueness of the legs or feet
- Weak or absent pulse in the extremity
- Walking troubles
- Foot wounds that heal slowly
Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) of lower extremities. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated August 3, 2013. Accessed August 8, 2013.
Symptoms and diagnosis of PAD. American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/PeripheralArteryDisease/Symptoms-and-Diagnosis-of-PAD%5FUCM%5F301306%5FArticle.jsp . Updated August 16, 2012. Accessed August 8, 2013.
What are the signs and symptoms of peripheral arterial disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pad/signs.html . Updated April 1, 2011. Accessed August 8, 2013.
- Reviewer: Michael J. Fucci, DO; Brian Randall, MD
- Review Date: 08/2013
- Update Date: 05/11/2013