Return to Index
Symptoms of a Heart Attack
|Heart Attack Symptoms|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- May start as mild discomfort and progress to more intense pain
- May come and go
- May feel like a weight on the chest or a squeezing sensation
Discomfort in other parts of the upper body
- Pain in the arms, back, jaw, neck, or stomach
Shortness of breath
- A sensation of difficulty breathing
- Rapid or shallow breathing
- Nausea and vomiting
American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.americanheart.org . Accessed August 14, 2008.
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/ .
Mayo Clinic website. Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-attack-symptoms/HB00054 . Accessed January 23, 2007.
- Reviewer: Michael J. Fucci, DO
- Review Date: 09/2013
- Update Date: 09/30/2013