Return to Index
Black and Blue Cobbler
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Sugar substitute||½ cup for batter, ¾ cup for berries|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Fat-free milk||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Orange peel, grated||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, ½ cup sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine egg substitute, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Grease the bottom of a 3-quart casserole baking dish. Spread batter evenly into the bottom of the dish.
- In saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and ¾ cup sugar substitute. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over batter. Do not mix.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or frozen yogurt.
Diabetic Exchange Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0 Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.