Return to Index
|Serving Size||1 kebab|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||120% DV|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Purple seedless grapes||1 cup|
|Chopped pineapple||1 cup|
|Apple juice||¼ cup|
|Kiwifruits, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices||2|
|Nonfat plain yogurt||¼ cup|
|Small bananas, cut into ½ inch thick slices||2|
|Small strawberries||1/3 cup|
|Melon balls||1/3 cup|
- For the dip, in a small saucepan, bring the pineapple and apple juice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand about 25 minutes or until cool.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and blend or process until smooth. If desired, cover and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Place the bananas in a small bowl. Drizzle with the orange juice, then gently toss until coated. Cut the kiwi slices into quarters.
- For the kebabs, thread the grapes, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, melon balls, and blackberries onto 4 inch bamboo skewers. Serve with the dip.
Diabetic Exchange Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0 Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.