Return to Index
Plum and Raspberry Dessert Soup
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||10% DV|
|Vitamin C||35% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Fresh plums||1½ pounds|
|Fresh or frozen raspberries||1 cup|
|Cinnamon sticks||3 (3 inch)|
|Red dinner wine||1½ cup|
|Corn starch||1 tablespoon|
- Combine plums, berries, cinnamon, and red wine in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with ½ cup water. Add to soup and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cool. Discard cinnamon then puree in electric blender.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, portion soup into shallow bowls. Add small scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt to the center of each bowl and garnish with mint, if desired. (Note: Frozen yogurt is not included in the Nutritional analysis per serving.)
Diabetic Exchange Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0 Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Source Plum-Raspberry Dessert Soup