Return to Index
Pumpkin Soup With Leeks and White Wine
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||80% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||40 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Leeks, split in half lengthwise||6|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
|Thyme sprigs||4 sprigs|
|White wine||1 cup|
|Pumpkin peeled||1½ pounds|
|Low sodium chicken stock||5 cups|
|Skim milk||½ cup|
|Fat-free half and half cream||½ cup|
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and garlic, stirring to coat with the oil.
- Continue until the leek is fragrant and soft, but not brown.
- Add the thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the wine.
- Reduce to 2 tablespoons; add the stock and the pumpkin.
- Simmer until the pumpkin falls apart, 20-25 minutes.
- Discard the herbs. Puree the soup; add milk and cream.
- If soup is too thick, add a little more broth. Stir and serve.
Diabetic Exchange Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 4; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0 Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Source Ida Rodriguez for Melissa’s Variety Produce Recipe