Return to Index
This stew is a great way to use summer vegetables in a new way.
|Serving Size||1¼ cups|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Vegetable bouillon, low sodium||1 cube|
|White potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips||2 cups|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares||4 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 4 chunks||1 cup|
|Sweet corn, rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn; 1½ cups)||1 15-ounce can|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Scallion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Small hot pepper, chopped||½|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Tomatoes, diced||1 cup|
Tip: Add other favorite vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Heat water and bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and purée in blender.
- Return puréed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.