Return to Index
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain without swelling or redness
- Trouble with short-tern memory or concentration, forgetfulness, or confusion
- Sore throat
- Tender lymph nodes
- Trouble sleeping or not feeling rested after sleep
- Worsening symptoms 24 hours or more after exercise
- Mood swings
- Chronic pain
- Irritable bowel
- Low blood pressure
- Sensitivity to many chemicals
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Symptoms. American Academy of Family Physicians Familydoctor website. Available at: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/symptoms.html. Updated November 2010. Accessed December 28, 2012.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Symptoms. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/symptoms/index.html. Updated May 16, 2012. Accessed December 28, 2012.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us. Updated November 10, 2012. Accessed December 28, 2012.
Devanur LD, Kerr JR. Chronic fatigue syndrome. J Clin Virol. 2006;37:139-150.
Prins JB, van der Meer JW, et al. Chronic fatigue syndrome. Lancet. 2006;367:346-355.
- Reviewer: Marcin Chwistek, MD
- Review Date: 12/2013
- Update Date: 00/11/2014